STEAM Revolution Camp: Fees and FAQS
- Message for the 2021 Summer Season
- COVID-19 Protocols
- Size of Camp|
2021: Virtual Online Camp Status
At this time, we do not plan to hold a full online camp. We offer many online classes and workshops throughout the year and will continue to do so in summer 2021. For those that do not wish to attend a full-time day camp, we suggest you look into the catalog of online classes, available at this link.
2021: Deposit & Refund Policy
Due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and the possibility that camp cannot be held as planned, we are only requesting a smaller deposit to hold a spot in camp for a week – $200. This is to secure a spot without committing to the full enrollment fees. In the event camp cannot be held as planned due to restrictions set forth by the CDC, New York State or New York City (or the College of Mt. St. Vincent), we will refund the deposits in full. The full payment must be made by June 1, 2021 – at this point, we assume it will be well known by all how summer camps will proceed for the season. When you register for camp, you will be asked for this deposit and no further funds. At this time, we have been informed by the Board of Health in the City of New York that camp can proceed with the plans we have set in place. We will be following their guidelines for health and safety precautions and will notify all families of any changes that take place in our plans as soon as they occur. Based on recent events in the COVID health situation, we think there is only a remote possibility that camp will be prohibited.
COVID-19 Considerations and Precautions
For the summer season 2021, we will be closely following the protocols established by the CDC and NYC Board of Health as they pertain to camps. In addition, we are guided by our host, the College of Mt. St. Vincent on regulations they have set for their campus. In additional to those below, please see our complete policies and protocols at this link.
- Reduced group sizes – maximum of 12 per group.
- No interaction between groups (therefore each group will have interaction with the same group of peers and adults every day of the week).
- Temperature checks every morning for staff and campers
- Negative COVID testing required for all staff prior to the start of camp.
- Masks will be worn by staff; campers are expected to bring masks and will be asked to wear them whenever in public spaces.
- Lunch will not be served by the College; campers will bring their own lunch or purchase a brown bag lunch, which will be available from the College.
- Lunch breaks will be outdoors whenever possible and as a first option.
- The campus has multiple, very large outdoor green spaces – we will be using this whenever possible – even for activities and instruction.
- Anybody (staff or camper) showing symptoms of illness will be immediately dismissed from camp
- All materials will be provided in individual kits, therefore reducing the use of shared materials, tools and supplies.
- The College and Curious-on-Hudson will be providing extra hand sanitizer stations and disposable masks and encouraging hand-washing several times per day.
- The College is providing additional custodial services, i.e., complete restocking of sanitizing supplies, more sanitizer stations, and more frequent cleaning of bathrooms. In our experience, the College had already maintained a high level of cleanliness throughout the space we used last year. We are confident that they will provide an even higher standard this year.
Location: Where is STEAM Revolution Camp held?
The camp is located at the College of Mt. St. Vincent in Riverdale, NY. This beautiful campus is conveniently located close to Manhattan, The Bronx, and Westchester County. Our facility includes a fully equipped science lab, maker/classroom spaces, gathering areas, outdoor wooded and grassy areas, a large dining facility, and trees…..think lots of trees, grass, and beautiful scenery. See the exact location at this link.
What ages can attend STEAM Revolution Camp?
Camp is geared for students entering grades 2-8. Three peer groups will be organized every week: Grade 2/3, Grades 4/5 and Grades 6-8. Please talk to us if siblings desire to be in the same group but are of different grade levels than this group although we do not recommend this as an option.
What is the schedule?
The full-day (online or physical) camp is from 8:30-4:30 every day. We do not offer a half-day camp. The morning is organized in peer groups and follows a CORE Curriulum schedule. The afternoon is more individual, where the campers choose their own electives. LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SCHEDULE HERE.
What are the fees?
- Full day weekly session: $625 per participant
- Early bird discount through March 31 – $550.00 per week
- Multiweek discount: 5% off all weeks
- Sibling discount: 10% off all registrations made at the same time and through one payment.
- Sibling and Multiweek discounts are combined at checkout
- Scholarships are available (see below)
- Please read the 2021 deposit/refund policy above.
What is camp all about?
STEAM Revolution is focused on science, technology, engineering, arts and MAKER skills. We integrate these topics into daily activities, where students will have the opportunity to design and build projects as a team and individually. We will be learning skills like electronic circuits, woodworking, project design and mapping, coding and lots more. Afternoon electives run the gamut of creative and performing arts, STEM, coding, design, and much more. Here is a link to our philosophy and style of teaching and learning.
How is the camp staffed?
This camp is led by a senior director and is staffed by specialists in areas of science education, technology and applied arts. Specialists and guests will attend camp during the 7-week summer term. Our staff includes teachers, college students and experts in various fields as well as our own full-time staff of instructors. Students will be in groups of up to 12 kids with three assigned team leads. Students move between group activities, each led by a specialist in that area.
Who are the organizers of this camp?
Curious-on-Hudson is the organizer of STEAM Revolution Camp. We have provided STEAM enrichment programs to schools and communities in the NYC region for over five years and we have operated our own summer camps and classes every year since 2013. This our first year at the College of Mt. St. Vincent but we have loads of experience running camps just like this one. Learn more about us at this link. (curiousonhudson.com)
How many campers will attend?
The camp will accommodate groups of 12 per peer group with a maximum attendance of 60 students per week.
What grade does my child need to be in to register?
Your child should be entering Grades 2-8.
What about food?
You can bring your own brown bag, healthy lunch or you can purchase a brown bag lunch from the College for a fee. For 2021, the College has not yet instructed us as to the option for indoor catered lunch or if they will only be offering portable brown bag lunches. There is a fee for food purchased from the College. Food may also be brought from home but we must enforce a nut-free policy for the safety of all participants and staff.
We would love for as many young people as interested were able to attend our camp! If you are interested in a scholarship for your child (or another child you feel would greatly benefit from this program), please complete a brief information form at this link.